Welcome home to Glencoe.
Glencoe offers families an idyllic, easier pace of life in an idyllic American village. Boasting a wealth of natural wonders, Glencoe is a quiet sanctuary away from the bustle of city life.
1. Glencoe is home to the third largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright-designed buildings and monuments in the world.
2. Minoru Yamasaki, the architect who designed the beautiful North Shore Congregation Israel Temple, also designed the original World Trade Center in NYC.
3. The Green Bay Trail, a 9-mile running, walking, and biking trail that follows the old Milwaukee Railroad line, cuts directly through the beautiful newly updated parks of Glencoe.
Fitness & Outdoor Recreation
1. The Glencoe Park District is recognized as one of the best of its kind in the country, and offers classes and activities for all ages including basketball, yoga, water sports, boating, and much more.
2. Known as Glencoe’s backyard, the Chicago Botanic Gardens are home to 27 gardens spread across 385 acres and six miles of lake shoreline.
3. Enjoy biking, birding, and kayaking in Skokie Lagoons, a 190-acre nature preserve featuring 7 interconnected lagoons.
Best Spots to Take your Instagram Selfies
1. Featuring stunning bonsai trees, dramatic bridges, and classical pagodas, the Malott Japanese Gardens at the Chicago Botanic Gardens are a photographer’s dream.
2. Capture the most beautiful sunrise shots at Glencoe Beach.
3. The newly restored Red London Phone Booth at Glencoe Train Station is the perfect backdrop for a fun selfie!
1. Homey but sophisticated, Guildhall is a neighborhood bistro dedicated to local, artisanal farm-to-table cuisine.
2. Seasonal fine dining that’s both delicious and approachable is on the menu at Valor. They also boast an award-winning, curated wine list.
3. There’s never a dull moment at Hometown Coffee & Juice, one of the North Shore’s most popular eateries for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
4. Guanajuato brings a fresh, seasonal, traditional take to Mexican cuisine, and features an incredible selection of tequila and mezcal.
Fun with the Kids
1. During the summer months, take the kiddos to an outdoor movie at Glencoe Beach, or treat them to a fun sleepover under the stars.
2. The brand new Duke Park Playground will keep your little ones entertained for hours with a hand-cranked train, and an interactive water feature.
3. Watts Park Ice Rinks are a seasonal favorite for an afternoon of skating or organized hockey leagues.
Nightlife & Culture
1. Touted by the WSJ as the top regional theater in the country, Writers Theatre, the company moved into its new state-of-the-art facility in 2016.
2. Known for a variety of events for all ages, the Glencoe Public Library hosts movie and book discussion groups, architecture studies, and natural history forums.
1. Find fun gifts, housewares, stationary and more local, handmade merchandise at BlackSheep General Store.
2. Locally-owned boutique, Valentina, offers high-end women’s apparel and accessories, and some fun, unexpected items like barware, games, and designer luggage.
3. For more than 40 years, the Foodstuffs flagship store has served Glencoe residents the best in gourmet groceries and catering options.